Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Curious Case of Sienna and Beads



So, the story is....Mom noticed that Sienna was sounding pretty nasally for a couple days and was bummed thinking that she was coming down with something. She was constantly sneezing and would have a little bit of a runny nose on just the right side. I thought to myself, "Dang it really sounds like there could be something in her nose." Well, we were in a hurry to go and take some family photos and I pulled Sienna out of her bath and layed her down to get her lathered up and dressed and saw that there was something blocking her nostril and thought it was a huge goober, so like usual, I took a q-tip and tried digging it out. Sienna screaming her head off and me trying my hardest to get this goober out of her nose it wasn't working. I took a double look and realized that goobers aren't pretty pastel pink. Realizing exactly what it was I gasped. I ran down to tell Diego neither of us believing it, we debated what we should do. I called the nurse at our Docs and they suggested to bring her in right away. On the way over, I call my mom to tell her to meet me there since I will need someone to take a video of it. (I'm sorry, but it was funny and I could not miss the opportunity to record this experience) As I am pulling into the Docs to park, I get pulled over by a jerk on a bike and yes, got a ticket on top of all this. He made me hold her down so that he could look up her nose to see if I was really telling the truth about why I was so distracted. What an idiot. Anyway, Todd the P.A. comes in and tells me that I am the one that is going to do it. I freaked and said that I could not be putting pliers up my little girls nose, that is why I was bringing her to him. He reassured me that I wouldn't be using the pliers, but that I was going to have to blow in her mouth. Oh man! So this is the result of it. And NO, Sienna was traumatized and never attempted to put a bead or anything else in her nose again! LESSON LEARNED!!!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

That is hilarious!

Welcome to "The Chunk Meister" Page

There are lots of fun pictures to see and stories to read. For those of you who have not yet seen this, just start from the bottom and work your way up. The bottom of the page is the beginning of Sienna's life!

Picture History

About Me

I love being a mom know matter how hard it is sometimes. Diego is the most amazing husband and father. I will tell him, "Keep up with what you are doing by helping me and all, and maybe you might get those 6 kids you have been begging me for." So by that, he has made the experience of having 2 kids awesome!!!